Friday, November 5, 2010

Response to Autumn

     In Crystal's post, she talks about her second-favored season, which is Autumn, and why she likes this season:
Autumn is also one of my favorite seasons of the year, next to winter. It is a time when the weather finally begins to cool down after a hot and humid summer. Autumn invokes a relaxing feeling, probably partly due to the typical landscape scenes associated with this season. When one thinks of autumn, one would think of brightly colored leaves slowly cascading down from trees, flooding the floor with red, orange, and yellow tones. I think that these landscapes are primarily the reason why I like autumn so much. 
     In a sense, I agree with her - Autumn is a season where the weather "begins to cool down" and "invokes a relaxing feeling". However, it is also a season where individuals are likely to catch the flu because of the unpredictable weather patterns and temperature changes that associate with this season.
     Autumn is s season of uncertainty - with Spring as its partner. The temperature for early mornings and late nights can be freezing cold while mid-afternoon can be smoking hot. This inconsistency in the weather is what cause individuals to become vulnerable to the seasonal flu since the body has to have its internal and body temperature balanced with the temperature of external factors.
     In addition, Crystal states her favored past-time during this season:
During these days, I feel like doing nothing else but curling up with a good book or taking a walk down the park while listening to relaxing music.
     I entirely agree with this quote. Autumn is usually one of the seasons where I do not wish to concentrate in school. I become lazy and do not wish to do anything except for staying at home and becoming lazy. The best thing to do in a season where the weather is becoming cooler is to simply enjoy life and the things I would do consists of sleeping in late, reading good books, listening to music, getting online, and finding time to think about questions you never think about. Maybe the late point only apply to me; however, I think it is both calming and interesting to just sit there and think about things I have never thought of - or never thought of thinking of - and just think.

No comments:

Post a Comment